Culinary Arts - Baking Specialist II
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Establish and maintain high standards of sanitation and food safety as established by the SERVSAFE program.
- Produce various baked goods and a variety of international and classical pastries and desserts using basic and advanced techniques.
- Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking, baking, and pastry techniques as well as equipment and tools.
- Ability to calculate food costs from recipes.
- Communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic terminology and techniques for baking and patisserie to include food preparation and presentation.
Cln Art 107 Principles of Garde Manger & Basic Baking (4 Units)
Cln Art 108 Restaurant Supervision & Training (2 Units)
Cln Art 150 Chefs Training for Apprenticeship I (2 Units)
ProfBkng 210 Principles of Baking & Patisserie II (4 Units)
Total Units: 12