Culinary Arts - Culinary Specialist II
The student will be given a Certificate of Accomplishment following the completion of any of the following programs if the student has maintained a minimum of a C grade in all required courses. Certificates of Accomplishment are for students who have limited time and wish to limit their commitment but desire an increased level of specialization. Always consult a counselor for information on graduation requirements and transfer information.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Use discipline specific terminology in oral and written communication.
- Describe and perform tasks related to common business practices in the culinary industry, including inventory, menu planning, cost control, and food purchasing.
- Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards.
- Establish and maintain high standards of safety and sanitation procedures.
- Identify and demonstrate the concepts of recipe costing, purchasing, receiving, and issuing practices in food service operations.
- Develop strategies to improve business performance using creativity and problem solving skills based on operational theory and procedures.
Cln Art 102 Culinary Fundamentals II (4 Units)
Cln Art 105 Menu Planning (Formerly FsMgmt 103) (2 Units)
Cln Art 106 Purchasing & Receiving (3 Units)
Cln Art 108 Restaurant Supervision & Training (2 Units)
Cln Art 150 Chefs Training for Apprenticeship I (2 Units)
Total Units: 13