CANVAS BASICS: An Online Conference for LACCD Faculty
Workshops for Teaching with Canvas
**NO REGISTRATION NECESSARY! Simply click on the "JOIN ROOM" link for your session!**
Over the week of March 23-27, 2020 our Canvas Digital Emergency Response Team will be available to support you with drop-in sessions and 30-minute one-on-one appointments to help you build your course!
To schedule an appointment please contact: email@example.com. Appointments are limited.
LACCD encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities, including trainings for and assistance with moving instruction online. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation, or have questions about the access provided, please contact Betina Vallin at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Employing Equity-Minded and Culturally-Affirming Teaching and Learning Practices in Virtual Learning Communities
Our partners at SDSU, Dr. Frank Harris III and Dr. Luke Wood, have sponsored a webinar to help faculty and staff design online instruction with equity in mind.
California Virtual Campus - Online Education Initiative
The California Virtual Campus-Online Education Initiative has developed an Emergency Preparedness Resources
website for assistance converting in-person classes to online. Several webinars are scheduled to help during this transition. (Please note: Recordings will be posted afterward for people who are unable to attend
PREVENT ZOOM-Bombing! Instructions for Faculty
Before a videoconference:
- Download our Zoom pre-conference checklist to prevent Zoombombing.
- You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with speaker or headphones. You will have the opportunity to check your audio immediately upon joining a meeting.
- You will need to click on the appropriate link to join the meeting.
To join the videoconference:
*You should try logging in to the conference 15 minutes before start time.
- At the start time of your meeting, click on the link in your invitation to join via computer. You may be instructed to download the Zoom application.
- You will have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join audio by computer.”
DOWNLOAD directions for syncing Zoom with Canvas!