Los Angeles Mission College is committed to the success of its students. The College, which awards associate degrees and certificates, provides accessible, affordable, high-quality learning opportunities in a culturally and intellectually supportive environment by:
- Providing services and programs in basic skills, general education, career and technical education, and for transfer;
- Educating students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners;
- Ensuring that all programs and services are continuously evaluated and improved to support student learning and achievement; and
- Making traditional and distance education learning opportunities available to enhance the health and wellness of the diverse communities it serves.
This mission statement was approved by the LACCD Board of Trustees on October 7, 2015.
Los Angeles Mission College is committed to maintaining high academic standards, promoting student success, and creating opportunities for life-long learning. The College will inspire students to become informed, active citizens who recognize and appreciate the common humanity of all people through diverse curricula, and through cultural, academic, and artistic events. The college will practice an honest, collegial, and inclusive decision-making process that respects the diversity and interdependence of the college, student body, and community LAMC is privileged to serve.
- The pursuit of excellence in all our endeavors.
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- A global vision that understands and appreciates the common goals and purposes of all people.
- An appreciation of diversity that nourishes mutual respect and solidarity.
- Integrity and collegiality in all our interactions.
- Service to the campus and the local community.
Our Mission is Your Success
Los Angeles Mission College serves the educational needs of our neighbors in the San Fernando Valley. Throughout our 30-year history, community support and involvement has been one of Mission College's most valued resources. We invite you to be part of Mission College!
We're located in Sylmar and have strong, historical ties to our neighboring communities of San Fernando, Pacoima, Mission Hills, North Hills, Panorama City and Granada Hills. In recent years, our enrollment base has expanded to include many of the communities throughout the greater San Fernando Valley, as well as Canyon Country and Santa Clarita.
Los Angeles Mission College is regionally accredited by the Western Association of States and Colleges (WASC), through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC). The Commission has authorized Los Angeles Mission College to offer Associate Degrees and Certificates. This means that courses completed at this college, which are university level can be applied to programs at any other college or university in the United States.
The Commission (WASC) receives complaints about substantive matters that are related to the quality of the institution or its academic programs. Complaints must be written, signed, and addressed to the President of the Commission. However, the Commission investigates these complaints* only when the complainant has exhausted all of the institution's appeal procedures. All such complaints are judged against the Commission's standards and policies. For more information, see the Commission's policy statement and the complaint form.
*The Commission (WASC) will address concerns that are clearly related to an accreditation action taken by the Commission. However, the Commission is not a judicial or quasi-judicial body, and therefore cannot settle disputes between individuals and institutions, whether these involve students, faculty, administration, or members of other groups. Examples of these would be a student's complaint about a grade received from a faculty member or a faculty member's complaint about his or her hiring or continued employment.