For more information contact:
Ed Raskin: 818.364.7700
Cooperative Education is a program that offers the student an opportunity to combine classroom learning with on-job-experience. Cooperative Education is a three-way relationship between the student, the college, and the employer. Everyone benefits. "YOU" may be able to use your current job for Cooperative Work Experience Education credit!
Cooperative Education Information:
- A program that involves the employer, the student -employee and the college.
- The student-employee receives on-the-job experiences and the unit credit for work experience directly related to his/her career major.
- The employer provides a job assignment with adequate supervision to insure a planned program of varied job activities in order that the student may receive the maximum educational benefit. Usually the student's present position meets this requirement.
- Students may earn a total of 4 semester credits each semester for a total of 16 semester credits. Students receive regular letter grades for each semester completed.
- Eight (8) semester credits will transfer to the California State University system (CSUN, CSUF, CSULB, etc.). Credits will not transfer to UCLA, UC Berkeley, etc. All credits are elective credits.
- Each semester, the student and his/her immediate supervisor agree on job oriented learning objectives to be accomplished at the work site during the semester.
- At the end of each semester, the student's immediate supervisor will be contacted and asked to rate the student's progress and effort made towards the completion of the job oriented learning objectives.