Thank you for choosing the CAI’s Culinary Program for your catering needs! Please take a look at our easy 5 Step Catering Request Protocol to get you started.
Also, due to the fact that we do not have a full time Catering Events Coordinator on staff at the Culinary Arts Institute at Los Angeles Mission College and the Culinary Arts Institute’s Chef Instructors (faculty) and Instructional Assistants (staff) are attending to student’s needs in the classroom and kitchen labs, the CAI’s Catering Program will have a very limited catering service. Please contact Chef Louis Eguaras, Department Chair, at 818.364.7706 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All catering requests must first go to the Department Chair.
Furthermore, we have the right to refuse or accept any catering service due to faculty, staff and student worker availability. The faculty and staff will determine which catering services will be approved on a case by case basis. If you have not paid for your last invoice or have a history of delinquent invoices, you will not receive any catering service. So please make sure you pay your invoices on time.
If your catering event is approved by the faculty and staff of the Culinary Arts Institute, please follow the instructions below:
The 4 Step Catering Request Protocol within the college is as follows:
- Step 1: Requester requests quote from CAI’s Catering Program for upcoming event (at least 2 weeks before event).
- Step 2: Requester forward a PR to Purchasing Unit based on the quote from CAI Catering Program. Purchasing Unit generates a PO based on the requester's budget and PR. Purchasing Unit forwards the PO to CAI’s Catering Program for an upcoming event.
- Step 3: CAI's Catering Program will then email an official quote based on the budget PO to Requester after obtaining the PO number (this normally takes 2 business days so please plan your event accordingly). Requester then approves quote. When quote is approved by Requester, the catering event is scheduled.
- Step 4: Once catering event has been completed, CAI's Catering Program will notify the Business Office (Accounts Payable) with invoice to charge off the appropriate account number, PO number. No further approval needed from Requester. The Catering Program will advise Requester if any changes were made on the quote to accommodate any changes of number of guests, change in menu items, etc.
- ALL Catering Event Requests should be sent to CAICatering@lamission.edu.
- Any cancellation of the event will have to notify the Catering Program one week before the event.
- For Weekends, Special Requests/Orders, cancellation should be at least 10 days before the event.
- The requester is responsible for contacting Facilities/Maintenance Dept., A/V Dept., and other departments to coordinate other aspects of what is needed for the event. The Catering Program is not responsible for coordinating this for the requester. Remember!!! To avoid delaying the process of your PR, it is requester’s responsibility to follow up your PR after your submitted for approval
Catering Policy & Menu
|Catering Policy & Menu|
Please contact Chef Louis Eguaras, Department Chair, Culinary Arts Department, at 818.364.7706 OR Catering Program Assistant, Kathy Rohde at 818.364.7797 for all your catering inquiries and needs.
|Catering Event Request||Off-Campus Vendor Form|
|Culinary Arts Institute
Los Angeles Mission College
Main Phone: 818-364-7797
Alternate Phone: 818-364-7706