Due to the fact that we do not have a full time Catering Manager or Coordinator on staff at the Culinary Arts Institute at Los Angeles Mission College and the Culinary Arts Institute’s Chef Instructors (faculty) and Instructional Assistants (staff) are attending to student’s needs in the classroom and kitchen labs, the CAI’s Catering Program will have a very limited catering service.
We have the right to refuse or accept any catering service due to faculty/staff/student worker availability. The faculty/staff will determine which catering services will be approved on a case by case basis. If you have not paid for your last invoice or have a history of delinquent invoices, you will not receive any catering service.
If your catering event is approved by the faculty and staff of the Culinary Arts Institute, please follow the instructions below:
Catering Requests Steps:
Please take a look at our Catering Policy & Menu then follow the steps below:
The protocol for ordering catering within college is as follows:
- Requester requests quote from Catering Program for upcoming event (at least 3 weeks before event)
- Catering Program will forward/email an official quote to requester
- Requester prepares Purchase Request (PR) and obtains approval signature
- Request forward approved PR to campus purchasing unit
- Campus purchasing unit creates Purchasing Order (PO) with PR
- Campus purchasing unit emails approved PO to Catering Program
- Catering Program should notify Requester that catering event has been received and confirmed.
- Catering Program will forward the email with invoice attached to requester one week after event.
- Requester will forward the email (Requester should write “I approve the payment for this invoice” in the email body) with attached invoice to Campus Account Payable to make a payment.
- Any cancellation of the event will have to notify the Catering Program one week before the event.
- For Weekends, Special Requests/Orders, cancellation should be at least 10 days before the event.
- The requester is responsible for contacting Facilities/Maintenance Dept., A/V Dept., and other departments to coordinate other aspects of what is needed for the event. The Catering Program is not responsible for coordinating this for the requester. Remember!! To avoid delaying the process of your PR, it is requester’s responsibility to follow up your PR after your submitted for approval
Catering Event Information and Procedures:
- All catering event forms and requests must be made 3 weeks in advance to make sure we have enough students and Instructional Assistants to accommodate the catering event. Since we currently do not have a Catering Manager or Coordinator, all catering requests must go through the Chef Louis Eguaras, PSB, CPFC. No same day catering requests will be accepted.
- Please do not request catering through Instructional Assistants or Chef Instructors (Faculty) as this may cause major class and operation disruption. Please do not disturb the Chef Instructors (faculty) in the Main Production Kitchen, Demonstration Lab, Mission Café (Servery) or any lecture classrooms for your catering request.
- To reserve and book your catering event, please make sure that you have looked at the Catering Policy & Menu thoroughly and have an idea of what you would like to order ahead of time. Prices are fixed and not subject to change. Additional charges may apply as well.
- You must have a PO already created and processed through the Business Office.
- We reserve the right to refuse any catering event due to lack of personnel, students, Instructional Assistants (staff) and Chef Instructors (faculty) to attend to the catering request.
- No offsite catering services are available at this point. Please contact a local catering company in your area.
|Main Catering Menu|
|Catering Event Request||Off-Campus Vendor Form|
|Culinary Arts Institute
Los Angeles Mission College
Main Phone: 818-364-7600
Alternate Phone: 818-364-7849