Obtaining a @lamission.edu email account allows you to more effectively utilitze the services offerend by the college. A lamission.edu email account will work in conjunction with your voicemail system allowing tight integration between your voice mails and emails. It will also allow you to utilize the faculty/staff profile system (see below) which allow you to easily create, maintain a website for students/staff/general public, upload course syllabi, update office hours, location, phone, etc (see Profile/Portal Access).
- To request a lamission.edu email account, ask your supervisor to submit an online Tamis request located at http://support.lamission.edu.
- Please include your full First Middle Last name, Department/Office, Phone number (if you have one), Job Title and Employee Number.
Mission Profile/Portal Access
The LAMC portal system is designed to consolidate the services and support we offer. Having a LAMC Profile means you will be listed in the online directory where people can search and locate you, send you emails from the website directly, obtain contact information, see the courses you teach, download syllabi, access course files, refer students to tutoring services, submit online copy requests using the SmartCopy system, etc. Any future services offered at Mission will be tied to the Portal system in one way or another.
- If you obtain a lamission.edu email (see above), you automatically will have a profile and get portal access. If you do not wish to obtain a lamission.edu email then we can manually create a profile for you if you provide the following information: full First Middle Last name, Department/Office, Phone number (if you have one), Job Title and Employee #.
- If you wish to see tutorials on how to access and work with the LAMC profile system, visit the following link: http://www.lamission.edu/it/web.aspx
Faculty Roster/Grade System
The Roster/Grade Instructor system is a LACCD wide system that allows instructors to view their class rosters, submit grades and other course related tasks. The Instructor Roster/Grade system is not tied to the Mission Profile System above in any way. The Profile System is a Mission College service where the Instructor Roster/Grade System is a LACCD wide system.
- To gain access to the Instructor System, ask your supervisor or department chair to obtain access for you.
- Once you have a userid and password, you can login using the following link: https://services.laccd.edu/wfac/