Tutor Online Resources
TUTORS: Please print this form, and then read this handout from the Independent Living Center of Southern California. After reading the handout, complete the form and return it to the Learning Center.
USE THESE LINKS TO HELP ESL STUDENTS with Longman Online
Longman English Interactive: HOW TO LOG IN as a Returning User
Longman English Interactive: ORIENTATION MATERIAL.
USE THESE LINKS TO HELP READING, WRITING, & ESL STUDENTS
Graphic Organizers: Large selection of organizers to help students with note-taking, locating main ideas, essay structure maps, and much more.
Campus Wide Tutors
- LAMC Emergency Response Guide
- Active Shooter Emergency Training Video
- Difficult Situations
- Handling Difficult Tutoring Sessions
- Guide to Tutoring Non-Native English Speaking Students
PLATO Enrollment Procedures
Learning Center Tutors
- Academic Learning LabTutor Procedures
- Tutor Information and Guidelines
- DevCom Tutoring Guide
- Tutor Reports
- A Manual for Writing Tutors: A course for tutor training from The Appalachian College Association
- WRITING WO #4: Build a Thesis
- WRITING WO #6: Develop a Paragraph
- Math Tips for Tutors
- Guides for Math Tutors