Agenda for Academic Senate Meeting of 5/5/05
Campus Center Room 5, 1:30 PM
I. Call to Order
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Officers’ Reports
A. President (Angela Echeverri)
1. Make-Up of the Curriculum Committee
2. Technology Issues
3. Four Volunteers needed for Graduation
4. Hiring Issues
5. ASCCC Spring Plenary Session Report
B. Treasurer (Margie Long)
V. Reports of Senate Committee Meetings
A. Curriculum: (Leslie Foster)
B. District Academic Senate
VI. Old Business
A. Requests to move a discipline from one department to another (1) English
B. Educational Master Plan Confirmation – Draft is posted in the Faculty Lounge
C. Motion from previous meeting.
THAT THE SENATE RECOMMEND TO THE AFT THAT THE CONTRACT INCLUDE COMPENSATION FOR BOTH FULL-TIME AND ADJUNCT FACULTY FOR CREATING NEW AND UPDATING OLD CURRICULA
D. Election Results: Newman: Sixty-one out of 82 faculty voted. Three department senator ballots were voided as the people voted for all departments instead of just their own. There was a resulting discrepancy in Business and Law. A special election was scheduled for May 2 and 3.
Executive Board: President, Angela Echeverri; Vice President, Louise Barbato; Secretary,
Eloise Cantrell; Treasurer, Mark Pursley; Parliamentarian, Gwen Walker; District senators Michael Climo, Vickie Oddino, &
Dev Com/Learning Cntr; Terri English; Engineering & Computer Science, Paul Kubicki; English & Foreign Languages, Ralph LaRosa; ESL & Speech, Phoebe Rivera; Library,
Donna Ayers; Mathematics, Bob Smazenka; Natural Sciences, Said Pazirandeh; Professional Studies , Janice Silver; Social Sciences, Chuck Dirks
Executive Board of the Senate shall appoint representatives from the faculty at
the all campus-wide shared governance committees listed
below with approval of a majority of the Academic Senate members present
and voting at a regular meeting of the Academic Senate. 1. Curriculum
Committee: One representative from each of the three faculty groups (mentioned
in Part II Section 2 ) plus one representative from counseling and library. 2. Budget
Committee: One or more representatives as appropriate. 3. Affirmative
Action Committee: One or more representatives as appropriate
Planning and Advisory Committee (MPAC): One or more representatives as
committees as necessary.
H. The Curriculum Committee shall consist of :
1. Representatives from Math, English/ESL, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts/Humanities, Vocational Areas, plus two representatives at-large appointed by The Executive Board of the Senate with approval of a majority of the Academic Senate members present and voting at a regular meeting of the Academic Senate.
2. In addition there will be a representative from Counseling appointed by the Counseling department and a representative from the Library appointed by that department.
3. The following non-voting members, appointed by their respective areas, shall also serve on the committee: Articulation, Matriculation, and Academic Affairs.