Who's My Success Coach?
Your coach is assigned to you via alpha case load:
Michelle Hernandez-Martinez: A. - Delgado
E'leaya Harris-Buchanan: Derobles - Lopez G.
Estefani Sanson: Lopez L. - Ramirez A.
Georgina Castaneda: Ramirez T. - Z
COVID 19 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Due to COVID-19, the LACCD has directed that all offices cease in-person services until further notice. Our office is closed, and we are now providing remote services via email Monday thru Friday. You may also email Diana Bonilla Hein, College Promise and Coordinator, during regular business hours, and she will get back to you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.
LOS ANGELES COLLEGE PROMISE AT MISSION
The College Promise Center at Los Angeles Mission College provides incoming first-time college students for the Fall 2020 semester the opportunity to attend college for their first two (summer, fall, and spring semesters). We are dedicated to helping students successfully transition into college by providing nurturing and unconditional support, success coaching, academic counseling, and referral to resources.
- First two years of classes are free (enrollment fees) via LA College Promise and AB19/AB2
- Priority Registration
- Team of dedicated faculty members committed to your success
- Committed counselor to help you create an educational plan for degree completion, transfer to university, and/or preparing for your career
- Success Coaches to support you throughout the first two years of your college experience, answer general questions, and refer you to appropriate resources
- AB 19 Student Support (Book voucher, Cafeteria voucher, or Metro Bus Pass)
- Free Google Chrome book!
- Travel abroad opportunities
- Be a first-time college student
- Must have graduated from high school or its equivalent in the United States
- Are a California residents or non-residents eligible for in-state tuition fees (under AB 540, California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request),
- Have not completed any college credit (except for college classes taken while in high school)
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 units each semester
- Must be enrolled in math and English in their first semester and counseling courses during the summer, fall, and spring of their first year
- Must meet with an LA College Promise counselor AND a success coach once per semester
- Attend mandatory first- and second-year Summer Transition program prior to the Fall semester you begin classes
How to Apply
: Complete a Fall 2020 application for admission at Los Angeles Mission College:https://www.opencccapply.net/uPortal/f/u63l1s1000/normal/render.uP
: Complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA or California Dream Act application:http://www.lamission.edu/Financialaid/apply-for-aid.aspx
- School Code for FAFSA or Dream Act applications:Los Angeles Mission College: 012550
Step 3: Apply to LA College Promise click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2PWTGZL
: Enrolled in a Summer Experience Program
Contact Outreach and Recruitment
for more information.
: Complete an online orientation and meet with a college counselor for an abbreviated education plan:https://launch.comevo.com/lamission/567/-/pub?reload=1&
Attend an online Promise orientation and sign your Promise Contact. An invitation will be emailed to you once you have completed all the required steps and have been admitted into the Promise Program.