The mission of the Los Angeles Mission College STEM program is to provide students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math with support to help achieve goals to graduate with an associate degree, transfer to a four-year university, or prepare for graduate school. Through support services, activities, and presentations from professionals in the field, the STEM office aims to promote the development of academic mastery and enhance a studentâ€™s career success.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Access to a personal counselor who assists students with the exploration of their educational, career, and personal goals
- Develop a comprehensive student educational plan tailored specifically to STEM majors.
- Collaborate with the STEM office in the development of programs and activities for students.
- Ability to participate in Internships and undergraduate research opportunities for qualifying participants.
- Learn about different majors and careers in the field of STEM
- Participate in STEM related events, workshops, site visits, & College Tours
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in being part of the STEM program? The 2017 application is available in the East Campus of Los Angeles Mission College in CMS 14 (The lower level of the building). You may also download the application and submit the completed forms to CMS 14. Click here to submit STEM Application.
To schedule an appointment with a counselor or for more information, call the STEM Office (818) 364-7600 ext.4161 or General Counseling (818)364-7655.
Or visit us at the Center for Math and Sciences in room 14.